Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato Sandwiches
- 8 slices center-cut bacon, halved
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated or minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 4 romaine leaves
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in basil, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper. Toast bread.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture on 4 slices of toast. Top each with 4 pieces of bacon, 2 tomato slices, 1 lettuce leaf and the remaining toast.
#FACTS Kevin Bacon’s favorite sandwich is the BLAST—bacon, lettuce, avocado, smoked salmon, and tomato. (He claims he invented it.)