Adobong Manok with Patatas is a popular Filipino dish that is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. Here is a simple recipe for making Adobong Manok with Patatas:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or wok, heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, water, bay leaf, and black peppercorns. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and continue cooking until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy your homemade Adobong Manok with Patatas!