Here’s a simple baby mango breakfast recipe that you can try:
Mango Yogurt Mash:
- 1/2 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of baby cereal (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced mango and Greek yogurt.
- Mash the mixture with a fork until the mango is broken down and the yogurt is smooth.
- If desired, add 1 tablespoon of baby cereal to thicken the mixture.
- Serve the mango yogurt mash to your baby in a bowl or on a spoon.
Note: Make sure the mango is ripe and soft enough for your baby to easily chew and digest. Also, check with your pediatrician before introducing new foods to your baby’s diet.
Benefits of Baby Mango
Baby mango, also known as young or unripe mango, has several benefits for babies, including:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Baby mango is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, and calcium, which are important for a baby’s growth and development.
- Helps with Digestion: Baby mango is high in fiber, which can help regulate a baby’s digestive system and prevent constipation.
- Boosts Immunity: The vitamin C content in baby mango can help strengthen a baby’s immune system and protect against infections and illnesses.
- Supports Brain Development: The iron and calcium in baby mango can help support healthy brain development in babies.
- Lowers Risk of Anemia: Baby mango is a good source of iron, which can help prevent anemia in babies.
- Aids in Weight Gain: Baby mango is rich in calories and nutrients, making it a good food to include in a baby’s diet to support healthy weight gain.
It is important to note that baby mango should be introduced to babies gradually and in small amounts, as it can be difficult to digest for some babies. Consult with your pediatrician before introducing baby mango to your baby’s diet.